I am an affiliate with various other companies and advertisers. When you click on a link I share, I may receive a small commission of your purchase. This doesn’t cost you anything. But your views, click-throughs, and purchases help keep me online. Thank you!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I am a book blogger. Publishers and authors often send me their books to review. I am not paid to do this. All opinions are my own. If I am reviewing a book I received this way, the disclosure will contain a statement indicating from whom I received the book.
I am an editor and author. Occasionally I review books I have edited or proofread or books released from my publisher; my disclosure will state whether this is the case. Either way, you can count on all of my reviews being my honest opinion.
I am a product reviewer. Occasionally I write sponsored posts which means I may receive compensation or products in exchange for my review. My disclosure will state whether this is the case. Either way, you can count on all of my reviews being my honest opinion.
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Melissa Hawkins, Badass by Design, and mehawkins.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.mehawkins.com), is strictly at your own risk. I will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
If you, opt-in to my mailing list, I collect your name and an email address to send you updates through my newsletter provider. I do not share or sell your information with anyone. You may unsubscribe from my mailing list at any time. Occasionally I host giveaways on my site. No information is shared except for that of the winner so that prize may be delivered.
Please be also aware that when you leave my website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond my control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the website.
This website, like any community, is at its best when everyone follows a few simple rules. The one basic rule is “don’t be a dick” which is more clearly defined below. By accessing and/or using this site, you agree to comply with these community guidelines and that:
You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of this site and will not use this site for any unlawful purpose;
You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that:
* infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or* discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
* You will not “stalk,” threaten, or otherwise harass another person;
* You will not spam or use the Websites to engage in any commercial activities;
* If you post any Registered User Content, you will stay on topic;
* You will not access or use the Websites to collect any market research for a competing business;
* You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
* You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Websites through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Websites through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
* You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Websites;
* You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Websites for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
* You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
* You will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates these community guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
I reserve the right, in my sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to this site, or any portion of this site, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these community guidelines.
The Websites are only available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
3. Intellectual Property (a.k.a. Don’t steal my stuff.)
The Websites contain material, such as text, graphics, images, and other material provided by or on behalf of mehwakins.com (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content may be owned by me or third parties. The Content is protected under both United States and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of mehwakins.com used and displayed on is site are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of mehawkins.com. Other company, product, and service names located on the Websites may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with Marie Forleo International Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Websites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Marie Forleo International Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of this site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without my express, written consent for each and every instance.
4. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Illinois, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Any failure to enforce any right or provision of these terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these terms will remain in effect. These terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding this site, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding this site.
This site disclaimer was last updated on Wednesday, February 10th, 2016.
Should I update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material I will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at my sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use this site after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]